You Will Get Beaten, Torn, and Hurt When You Jump, but God is Still There…
In May 2017, I felt the strong urge to leave my teaching job. After years of prophecies and confirmations, I left my career of twenty years (yes 20!) and decided to pursue my purpose. I left with dreams of saving thousands of lives and making millions of dollars. The “saving thousands of lives” part was correct, but the making of millions of dollars part…well, let’s just say that didn’t happen yet, and I did not realize just how bad things would actually get.
In 2016, I remember watching Steve Harvey give a speech to his Family Feud audience. He said in order to truly LIVE, you’ve got to jump. You will never feel really fulfilled until you take the gift God gave you and do something with it. He said jumping with your gift will cause you to soar. Steve also mentioned when you take that leap, at first your parachute would not open all the way and you will fall on the rocks, get some skin torn off, and bleed. I don’t really think I was listening during that part…
Everything Steve said was true! When I left my job, I was the happiest I had been in years. I started meeting new and interesting people, going to beautiful events, and most importantly, doing the work that I was purposed to do. I was actually LIVING and making a difference while doing so!!! I felt so free!
God blessed me immensely because of the decision I made (Check out the photos above – click on the photos and then click left or right)
- I flew to an event in New York in November 2017 where People Magazine and Investigation Discovery Channel honored me
- Had a fabulous book signing party in January 2018
- Appeared on Good Day Atlanta in February
- Filmed commercials for Marsy’s Law for Georgia and Stacey Abrams
- Got a standing ovation from the entire Georgia House of Representatives after Representative Pam Dickerson recognized me from the House floor
- Appeared on numerous T.V., radio, and newspaper outlets
- Worked with a fabulous group of men and women to change the constitution of Georgia so crime victims would have equal rights
- Received several awards for my work as an advocate
- Had my video chosen to appear on The Red Table Talk
- and MORE!
God was truly making my name great; however, as much as he was exalting the work I was doing, the enemy kept fighting me through my finances and through things that would constantly come up against my children. During this period of time, my car was stolen, my house went into foreclosure, the bank threatened to take my new truck, my bank accounts were DEEP in the negative, things started breaking in my home without a way to pay to repair them, my electricity got turned off, and there were times we even had to eat Ramen noodles for dinner (and I swore I’d never eat those things again after I’d left college!).
The answer is yes! God never promised us the weapon would not form, He promised us it wouldn’t prosper. If He has called you to do something, He will definitely fund it. There was a time when I didn’t have money for Christmas. I told my children there wouldn’t be any Christmas gifts or a Christmas Eve party that year. (I don’t know why my children still like to bake cookies for Santa…but they do. Did I tell you they were 18 and 23?) They both said they understood, but as a mom, I wanted to give them something. I prayed about it for the whole month of December and two days before the holiday, two women gave me money for Christmas gifts for my children. Go Jesus!
There was a time when I did not have any money to pay my bills for the month. None, nada, zilch. As a matter of fact, my bank account had -$95. On top of that, I did not have any food to feed my children. We literally ate tomato soup for a whole week. I prayed and reminded God of his promises to me. His word says He is my shepherd and that He shall supply all my needs. Within a week of praying for His provision, the same two ladies that helped me with Christmas, gave me enough money to pay ALL of my bills for the month. Let me help you understand this. That’s mortgage, car note, car insurance, utilities…everything. On top of that, the next day, two ladies and a man came by my home and provided us with so much food, I was struggling to put it all in the freezer. He’s a good, good Father.
I shared all of this with you to say, if you know God is calling you to something greater, listen to me and Uncle Steve (hey, he’s my play uncle in my mind). If you want to truly live, you’ve got to jump. It’s going to hurt a little bit and you might get a little scared (sometimes a lotta scared..ok, a lotta is not a word. You get the picture), but it will be the best feeling you’ve ever experienced in your life. It’s even better than ice cold vanilla ice-cream on a hot, fudge brownie. Hey! It doesn’t get much better than that!
So, how do you know you’re ready to jump?
- You feel like you’re trapped in your current job or position
- You daydream about the “other” thing you’d like to do all the time
- People consistently prophesy to you about your purpose and it matches that “other” thing you’d like to do
- You receive confirmation in many different ways
- You’re unsure how to make this big vision become a reality
If this sounds like you, you already know God is speaking to you.
If you are not ready to take a “jump” in your life, but you are simply going through some hard times, just know our Father is a comforter and provider. Although things may look bleak, He is always by your side just waiting for you to ask Him to take over. If you are feeling overwhelmed with worry and anxiety, here are a few things to try to fight the enemy:
- Sing songs of praise and worship to the Lord
- Look up scriptures that are related to your issue. For example, if your issue is debt, do this Google search, “What does the Bible say about debt?” It will come up with dozens of scriptures about debt.
- Write down some of the scriptures you find and meditate on them daily
- Write down your prayers in a prayer journal
- Get in a support group of like-minded individuals to help you realize you are not alone.
Through it all, remember God’s plans are perfect. He does not have plans to harm you. Your Heavenly Father has a glorious future planned for you in which you prosper (Jeremiah 29:11). That means you win! Stay encouraged and JUMP! – Kimya